Sunday, January 30, 2005

Recouping from Surgery

The hysterectomy surgery went as smoothly as possible. Took 4 hours instead of 2. Spent 5 days in the hospital (went home on Super Bowl Sunday). I took it easy at home for 5 weeks; just walking for exercise. The incision is over 5 inches long, so no more bikini days for me. LOL

Spent most of the time on my computer doing searches on this rare disease - Fallopian Cancer. Most of the websites say that it is treated like Ovarian Cancer. They all mentioned surgery followed by chemotherapy. Five-Year Survival Rate for Stage IIB after chemotherapy - 50 to 60%. All pretty scary stuff! The side effects from the chemo sounded worse than the disease itself!

In order to maintain my sanity, I also spent alot of time promoting my various online websites in order to try and generate additional income. I didn't have too much sick time accrued in my job, so I knew funds would start to dwindle soon.

Some of these companies are listed on the right side column of this blog. Feel free to check them out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home