Friday, March 25, 2005

SPRING BREAK - GREAT WEEK

It's been spring break (1 week off from my job at the elementary school) and it's been 21 days since my first treatment. I've had a lot of energy this week and in fact, played golf 3 times. It was great to get out into the course and just think about "hitting the ball, finding it, then hitting it again". No talk about illness, therapy, cancer, etc. etc. Tried to bowl, but experienced some pain from the initial surgery. I guess I use more muscles bowling than in golf. (LOL) The nurse practitioner said to wait another month before trying again.

Was supposed to have my second treatment today, but it was postponed until next Friday, April 1st. That means, I should have another great week ahead of me.

Got the results from my PET/CT scan and they did not find any activity to show cancer cells...which is also great news. They will order another PET/CT scan after the 6th and last round of chemo to see if all remains the same.

Started losing my hair this week (bummer). It is coming out in strands in my hand and in my brush. They told me it might not fall out...but would thin out. Not sure what's going to happen after my 2nd treatment. But I have some scarfs and hats ready to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home