Friday, April 01, 2005

ChemoTherapy - Session # 2

Well, the second session finally came. It was supposed to be March 22nd, but there was a scheduling error at the office, so I had a reprieve of one more week of feeling good.
But April 1st was no joke...and session 2 was underway.

Due to the bad allergic reaction during the first chemo treatment, they ordered Benadryl be dripped into the line after the anti-nausea drug. Needless to say, I was pretty much "lights out" while these toxins are dripping into my veins. But right after the last drug was administered, the allergic reaction started again...but not as dramatic as last time. But the nurses administered oxygen and gave me more Benadryl.

I can only assume the 3rd time will be no charm and will have no allergic reactions (which takes place on my face).

I have started to lose more hair...very thinned out and the scalp is visable. I've been wearing scarves, caps, bandanas to work...but it is so HOT. Today I went "au natural", was more comfortable, but I'm sure not too attractive to look at by my co-workers.

I'm feeling a little tired, but no nausea. The hot flashes (day time) and night sweats (night time) are not allowing me to get a good night sleep. May check out a mild sleeping pill. I'm tired anyway due to the chemo and not sleeping is not helping much.

I have been back on the golf course and have a good time just hitting the ball, looking for it and then hitting it again. No talk of illness, cancer, chemo...just golf.
Tried to bowl, but it was still painful. I guess I use different muscles for bowling than golf (duh!). The doctor said to give it another month.

Well that's the latest. All is as well as can be. I have a positive outlook and know I will beat this cancer down!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home