Sunday, February 19, 2006

Another Scare....

This past Tuesday was the longest day! I thought I felt a small lump on my breast in the morning. By 9 am, I had visions of going through this whole process again...surgery, chemo, hair loss, fatigue, aching bones. By 10 am, I had a 1:30 appointment with my GYN Oncologist. Our next scheduled appointment was April, but I know I couldn't wait - mentally or physically. He examined me and said he DID NOT feel a mass, but prescribed a mammogram and sonogram. I drove directly to the location of my last mammogram and pleaded for a walk-in appointment. It was 3 pm and they would fit me in at 4:30. I said, "I'll wait".

The mammogram was brutal. They did 4 COMPRESSIONS of each breast. I never thought they could get that flat - LOL. They then said they were going to proceed with the sonogram, just to be sure. The technician that did the sonogram was the same tech that did my trans-vaginal sonogram last year. When I told her about my fallopian tube cancer, she was shocked. She said that you can't SEE inside the fallopian tube on the sonograms. I said my surgeon was shocked as well when she went to remove the fallopain tube. I think she took a little extra time to make sure all was ok. I certainly appreciated that on this "longest day".

My mammogram and sonogram DID NOT show any abnormalities, so it was a false alarm. But I will stay vigilant in order to try and stay "ahead of any future cancers".

Hope all is well and please keep in touch.
LUcy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home