Friday, July 08, 2005

ChemoTherapy - Session # 6 (Final Treatment)

Today was the last chemo treatment of my series of 6. What a wonderful feeling to have that chapter behind me. I had a minor reaction to the drug about 2 hours into the treatment, but the nurses quickly remedied it with oxygen and bendadryl. Then off to sleepy land I went.

I had a decent weekend - just a bit tired. But OK enough to go into work today. The doctor wants me to consider "spot radiation" near the pelvic wall where the original cancer was found. I have an appointment in August with the Gynecologist Oncologist to help me make that decision. I think the Oncologist treating me just wants to be cautious.

The only other option is a "second-look" surgery and I'm not too keen on getting sliced open again and have the doctors poke around - you know what I mean?

During the chemo I gained 30 pounds and have started to try to curb my appetite to get back to a more managable weight. (The steroids just make you very hungry...all the time) As soon as I get more energy back, I will be able to do some brisk walking and maybe even start bowling again. We'll see.

Thanks for all the calls, cards and prayers...I know they have helped.

Lucy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home