Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Ovacome - Support Group

I finally found the courage to go to a Support Group Meeting this past week. This group is called Ovacome. They are primarily Ovarian Cancer survivors, but since my cancer (Fallopian Tube Cancer) is so rare, the oncologists treat it like Ovarian Cancer.

The meeting was very therapeutic. I was able to meet some wonderful people and an old friend from the days of working at Memorial Hospital in the 1980's. I did pick up some tips to handle my hot flashes and night sweats.

The group had a guest speaker from a drug company discussing Clinical Trials. Not sure if this is something I would do on the first go-around, but if I get recurrence, then maybe I might consider it.

I look forward to next month's gathering. It was a lot of fun and very informative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home