Saturday, April 30, 2005

World Ranking Masters Bowling Tournament

Today I took a road trip to Lake Wales, FL to see all my national and international bowling friends at the World Ranking Masters Tournament.

Even though the drive was 1 1/2 hours, it was well worth it to spend some time in my old "stomping grounds"...the bowling center. But the fact that it was at an International Event made it even more special.

Enjoyed watching the womens finals with 2 friends competing for a $10,000 first prize and the title of World Ranking Champion for one year. Wendy Chai (Malaysia) and Clara Guerrero (Colombia) put on a great show and skills against the very challenging lane conditions. Clara prevailed over Wendy, but they both bowled great. I look forward to the broadcasting of the TV show on the Florida Sports Network because it was a show worth taping.

It was also good to see my TEAM USA teammate Diandra Asbaty and her parents. Dee looked great as always and finished 3rd in this event. Looking at the stats, she bowled awesome too.

All in all, it was good to see alot of familiar faces in the bowling world and to just get out of the house for awhile. Maybe I'll actually start bowling again soon. We'll see.

Good luck to all my bowling friends at the WIBC and QUEENS tournament in Tulsa!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home