Saturday, April 23, 2005

ChemoTherapy - Session # 3

Today is the half-way point of my Chemotherapy. This certainly feels like a mile-stone and that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

This chemo was the first time I didn't have a reaction. They loaded me up with 50cc of Benadryl before the anti-nausea and chemo drugs were administered. So not only did I not have a reaction, I slept through most of the treatment. Had to wake me up when it was time to go. I think we got this "reaction" thing licked.

When I met with my nurse this past week, she said they want to do another PET Scan to see if there is any cancer cell activities in the pelvic area. They feel that depending on what they see, they may eliminate Chemo Treatment #6. They want to save my bone marrow (since the chemo is killing it), just in case I get recurrence. So I will be having a 2nd PET Scan on May5th. I have my fingers crossed because my last chemo would be on June 3rd instead of June 24th.

Well that's the latest news on my therapy.

Hope all is well with all of my readers.

1 Comments:

At 8:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucy..I just want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers, and if there is one person in the whole world I know who could be this, it is you. You are a strong willed person and all the love in the world. Take care mom!!!

Love,
Janette

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home